Comprehensive insurance solutions for businesses
Business & Commercial Property Insurance
Business property insurance is a must to protect your company's assets. Without it, your business may be at risk. Business property includes:
- Office equipment
- Goods transported over water or on land
Business Owner's Policy
As a business owner, it is up to you to protect your business investment. Business Owners Policy coverage is like a homeowner's policy for business, combining some of the basic coverages needed by a business into one package. It includes property insurance for buildings and contents owned by the company, and liability protection to cover your company's legal responsibility for the harm it may cause to others.
A standard business owners policy should include:
- Property insurance - covering buildings, equipment and inventory
- Business interruption insurance - covering losses that cause you to shut operations or reduce production for a time
- Casualty or liability protection - covering harm done by the employees or products to other people or their property
- Crime insurance - covering loss of money or securities resulting from burglaries or robberies or destruction as well as losses from employee theft or embezzlement
- Liability insurance - covering lawsuits arising from accidents (as when someone trips and falls on your business’s property) or when you sell a product that damages the customer’s property or you are accused of offenses such as slander, copyright or invasion of privacy
- Vehicle coverage for rented or borrowed vehicles
We can also create a special policy that includes more comprehensive coverage or offer your business additional policies for lines including professional liability insurance, auto insurance, worker’s compensation or employee benefits.
Business/Commercial Liability Insurance
Business liability insurance protects your company and you as a business owner in the event of a formal lawsuit or other third-party claim. Our seasoned business insurance agents can determine which policies will meet the specific needs of your business.
General Liability coverage is the most basic type of commercial insurance and protects your business from lawsuits or claims resulting from the following:
- Bodily injuries that occur to customers, employees, vendors or visitors on your premises
- Personal injuries sustained as a result of the actions or negligence of one of your employees
- Property damage caused by your employees
- Advertising injury (damage from slander or false advertising)
Other specific types of liability insurance include:
Critical for professional services companies, Professional Liability or "Errors & Omissions" insurance provides coverage in the event you are legally obligated to pay for economic damages to your client or a third party caused by errors or omissions in your work.
Product Liability Insurance
This coverage protects you in the event that an item manufactured or developed by your company is responsible for an accident, injury or a death. The nature of the product manufactured would affect how much coverage you would need. Safety measures and precautions taken are also factored in when determining your premium.
Workers’ Compensation insurance provides wage replacement and medical benefits for employees who are injured in the course of employment or pick up an occupational illness. Fault does not matter - employers are liable even if the employee may have contributed to the injury or illness. Workers’ Compensation covers the following areas:
- Injuries or loss of limbs
- Diseases like emphysema or repetitive motion
- Injury inflicted at work
- Medical treatment
- Rehabilitation needed so workers can return to work
- Lost wages (up to two-thirds of the employee’s salary)
- Liability insurance for the company for lawsuits filed by injured employees
Rates are commonly set for three years, during which the insurer tracks the number of claims you submit. After three years, the insurer evaluates how your claims compared to other similar businesses in the state. This “experience modification factor” determines changes in your premium.
Business/Commercial Auto Insurance
Millions of auto and truck accidents occur each year, and unfortunate outcomes can result from inadequate insurance coverage. Tetrault Insurance understand the risks you face on the road each day and how they can affect your daily business.
A business automobile policy can make a big difference in expenses. We create polices that offer coverage for legal liability for others' bodily injury or property damage resulting from the use of company vehicles. Physical damage coverage protects your fleet/trucks/autos in case of accident or damage caused by fire, hail and other risks. You can designate coverage for owned vehicles as well as leased, hired and/or borrowed vehicles. Other coverage options are available.
We work with you to ensure that you have appropriate protection in these important areas:
- Liability Limits
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage
- Agreed Value Coverage
- Replacement Vehicle Coverage
- Rental Car Coverage
Business/Commercial Truck Insurance
For-hire truckers need great coverage to keep them running strong. We insure a wide array of truckers.
- Dirt, Sand & Gravel
- Waste Haulers
- Tractor trailer combinations
- Dump trucks
- Log Haulers
- Garbage trucks
- Service vehicles
- And more...
Key for-hire specialty coverages
- Primary Liability
- Motor Truck Cargo
- Motor Trucking General Liability (GL)
- Rental with Downtime
- Hired Auto
- Non-Trucking Liability (NTL)
- Trailer Interchange
Business/Commercial Umbrella Insurance
Umbrella policies provide an important extra layer of protection that further shields your assets from potential liabilities. Umbrella policies can protect you if the worst happens.
What if a visitor falls at your place of business and is disabled with a severe injury? Will your insurance limits protect your business? Umbrella policies provide coverage for unexpected business liability claims over and above the limits available from your underlying policies. They pick up where your other insurance policies leave off. Umbrella insurance can add an additional 1-5 million in liability protection inexpensively.
Get the added liability protection you need and the peace of mind you deserve. Remember, some umbrellas protect you more than others!
As an employer, it is imperative that you attract and retain quality employees. At Tetrault Insurance, we offer a complete portfolio of products and services to customize an employee benefit program that matches your organizational needs. As an independent agency, we have access to a number of different carriers, offering you choice and competitive pricing for many employee benefit products:
- Group Health Plans
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance